A Brexit update for taking your pet abroad

15 Mar 2019 | Pet Advice

Updated, please read pet travel between the UK and the EU countries after Brexit.

If you’re thinking of taking a loved pet abroad to Europe at the moment, we appreciate it’s a very worrying time.  The situation regarding travel to the EU for Pets is very uncertain at the moment.

The latest guidance from APHA issued on 14th March is that all pets travelling after 29th March and in the event of no deal, will now need an Animal Health Certificate (AHC) and all entry to the EU will need to be via TPE (designated Travellers’ Point of Entry).

It is unclear whether rabies serology testing and results will be required for AHCs – if this is required travel would not be allowed until 3 months after the successful blood sample date. We do not know whether AHCs or Pet Passports would be needed if there is an extension to the Brexit deadline date.

For more information click here.